So I decided to try my hand at handmade muesli this weekend. I was intending to do it on Monday and go Live into Facebook but of course I forgot about that and made it this morning! The other thing I didn’t do was take photos of the process….I suck at this blogging thing! Anyway it worked out really well and tastes pretty good and I am really happy with the outcome. If found this recipe online, which is where I find all my recipes lol! As follows;
HOMEMADE GRANOLA INGREDIENTS:
To make this homemade granola recipe, you will need:
- Old-fashioned oats: Also known as rolled oats. If making this recipe gluten-free, be sure to double-check that the brand you buy is certified GF.
- Nuts: I almost always use slivered almonds in my granola. But feel free to replace them with your favorite nuts or seeds (like pepitas or sunflower seeds).
- Chia seeds: I like sprinkling these in for extra omega-3s, but feel free to omit them if you prefer.
- Melted coconut oil: Or your preferred kind of oil.
- Honey: Or maple syrup.
- Ground cinnamon, fine sea salt and vanilla extract: To flavor the granola.
- Flaky coconut: Or you can use shredded coconut, or omit the coconut altogether.
THE BEST HEALTHY GRANOLA!
- prep time: 10 MINUTES
- cook time: 25 MINUTES
- total time: 35 MINUTES
- yield: 0 ABOUT 6 CUPS
This truly is the BEST healthy granola recipe! It’s quick and easy to make, it’s naturally sweetened with (just a little) maple syrup, and so flavorful and delicious. See above for more ideas on how to customize your granola too.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats*
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or your preferred kind of nuts/seeds)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt*
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or 1/2 cup shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit or semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate measuring cup, stir together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oats mixture, and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Then remove from the oven, add the coconut, and give the mixture a good stir. Bake for 5 more minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire baking rack. Let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the dried fruit, chocolate chips or any other optional add-ins you might prefer.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
The link to this fabulous website is here……….YOU’RE WELCOME!
One thought on “Homemade granola!”